Clean Eating Salmon Cakes

Tuesday, March 4, 2014


I'm starting this off with a disclaimer: it involves canned salmon. I know, I know. But you know what else? I'm broke and canned salmon is approximately 1/11000 the price of real salmon so hey, you do what you gotta do to eat what you want. So feel free to substitute this with 12 ounces of actual salmon. When I get canned fish I always buy it in water, NOT in oil. When it is in oil there are added fats that are completely unnecessary. Weird sidenote about canned fish: my mom refuses to eat seafood with the exception of canned tuna. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Servings: 3
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins

Ingredients
  • 1 14 oz can of salmon in water ($2.50)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
  • 2 Tablespoons Parsley
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • Lemon juice of half a lemon
Mix all the ingredients together and form into 6-7 patties. I tried to flatten them to be about 2 inches thick so they can cook quickly and easily.

Heat a coated (coconut oil, olive oil, cooking spray etc) over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, put the patties in the pan and cover, heating  6-8 minutes covered on each side. Keep a close eye on these, checking the bottoms to make sure they don't burn.

Once they are cooked eat them any way you want! Harrison ate his as a sandwich on an Udi's roll with some Greek Yogurt and lemon juice, I put mine on a bed of spinach with onions, tomato and extra lemon juice.

Enjoy!





Nutrition label for canned salmon:

Using fresh salmon:

2 comments :

  1. My girlfriend is deathly allergic to fish. Could I substitute chicken or some other meat in these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally kill fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from large medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!