Clean Eating Spring Salad (with GOAT CHEESE OMG)

Monday, March 10, 2014


Walking around the produce section at the grocery store I screeched to a halt at a sign that read: "Strawberries $.99". UM!!!?! WHAT? I carefully investigated the alleged ninety-nine cent strawberries for mold, deformities, bugs...why would strawberries be 99 cents in the middle of winter? Then I realized that, despite blizzards and subzero temperatures, it is in fact March. In all my giddy excitement I filled my cart with (more than) a few packs of strawberries and bounced all the way home. Here is the very first thing I made with my beloved, back-in-season strawberries:

Servings: 1
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 0

Ingredients:
  • 2 handfuls of baby (or chopped) spinach ($.75)
  • 1/8 cup pistachios (got these in bulk from Costco months ago- probably equals out to $.20)
  • 1.5 cup (or more) of sliced strawberries (I used half the pack- $.50)
  • 1/4 avocado, chopped ($.25)
  • 1/8 onion, diced ($.10)
  • 1/8 cup goat cheese ($.60)
Toss all the ingredients together and enjoy! Even if it doesn't feel like spring, at least it can taste like it.


Linking up today withHealthy Happy Green Natural Party Blog Hop - check it out for lots of clean healthy options!

5 comments :

  1. Two things. 1. Spring is almost here!! 2. I will be in a hunt for strawberries so I can make this for lunch! It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! SPring is so close! Hope you can find some good strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm ... this looks yummy! I'm vegan so wouldn't do the goat cheese ... can you suggest an alternate ingredient? Of course, all the other ingredients are so nice ... perhaps I could just leave off the cheese and that's it. Thanks for sharing! I found you at the Healthy, Happy, Green, Natural Bog Hop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lindsay,
    Wow, this salad looks so appetizing! I say this as I eat my own humongous bowl of vegetable yumminess! I have been exploring vegan cheeses, so I might try a 'vegan goat cheez' in my version of this salad. There is nothing like a great salad so thank you for sharing this healthy and delicious recipe on the Healthy, Happy, Green & Natural Blog Hop! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious to know how the vegan cheese works out!

      Delete

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!