Best Clean Eating Breakfast Burrito EVA + Best 4th of July Weekend EVA Recap

Monday, July 7, 2014

Oh hay Monday, I was hoping you'd forget to come this week! Womp womp. This weekend while experiencing a massive hangover I concocted a breakfast burrito that fixed everything (the lifesaver also could have been the bloody mary that accompanied the burrito but I think it was a team effort).


Servings: 1
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins

Ingredients:

  • 1 sweet potato, baked (I poked a few holes in mine and threw it in the microwave for 8 minutes- hangovers do not allow for oven waits) ($.80)
  • 1/2 Cup Black Beans ($.50)
  • 2 Eggs, cooked over easy (or however you like your eggs)
  • 1/4 cup salsa
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1 teaspoon onion salt
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 tortilla (I use Ezekiel tortillas)
Scoop the sweet potato out of the skin and spread it evenly over the tortilla (your sweet potato should be soft and cooked through, if it isn't microwave it a little longer). Layer the black beans on top of the sweet potato, then add the eggs, then add a layer of salsa. Sprinkle the seasonings on top, roll up and enjoy (a full stomach and less of a hangover).


Soooo 4th of July was awesome this weekend! I live across from a big park (in DC! I know!) that has a giant open field where people shot off huge fireworks all night. We cooked out with a bunch of friends and my parents came too! It was a blast (pun intended, man I'm funny).


tried to capture it on my iphone...not so much

Saturday was my mom's birthday and I was so excited to celebrate with family and friends in DC! We did bottomless mimosa brunch at Chadwick's followed by kayaking on the Potomac. Could not have asked for a more perfect day.






Then I had some epic CHICKEN AND (red velvet) WAFFLES- WHAT - at a new restaurant near my house called Smith Public Trust:


Sunday Andi had a friend over and I died from cuteness. Meet Eva:



Sunday night we had a little Netflix binge and I watched E-mail Order Bride. Just trust me on this one. It's worth the hour.


Tell me: do you have any good clean eating hangover remedies? What should I watch on my next Netflix binge?

Linking up today with Bella, Bianna, LeeAnn, Kimberlee, Wendy, Secret Blogger Club

22 comments :

  1. Oh my, I am drooling over that burrito! Yesterday was the last day of my 21 day sugar detox, so I could go eat that for breakfast right now!! Although, I'm not hungover, I wonder if it would still taste just as amazing…

    Love that you had such a great weekend. I want to snuggle Eva pup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That burrito looks AWESOME. I am definitely trying this the next time I am hungover. So maybe, like, tomorrow morning :)

    Stopping by from the linkup! Looks like you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - that burrito is amazing!! I want one right now!!! Chicken and red velvet waffles - stop it!! Looks like the perfect weekend- i'm with you on Monday...but hopefully it'll go by fast!! Thanks for linking up doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmm!! Hello breakfast...
    How cute are those fraaands!!!
    We got a puppy this weekend! She's a lab/pit mix. I need all of your puppy advice immediately please.
    Hope you have a fantastic Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That burrito looks awesome! Thanks for linking up at Motivation Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad I just used my sweet potato. I thought about using it in those egg muffins I have been seeing all over the internet - could use some of your burrito flavors. Kayaking looks super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... that burrito! I'm totally stealing the recipe to try it myself. Thanks for posting it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay I will definitely be watching that one. You should check out "Searching for Surgarman" if you haven't already, it's amazing. You weekend looks rather ideal, with backyard fireworks, cute puppies and paddling...amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. That burrito looks amazing. I think I'd make that for breakfast even if I wasn't hung over. Also, red velvet waffles? OH MAN OH MAN.

    That puppy is too sweet!

    It looks like you had an amazing weekend! :) Let's hope this week is JUST as amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm definitely going to have to try that burrito. Looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to comment on the burrito, but all I can think about is the red velvet waffles and chicken...lol!!! That looked yummy :) Looks like you had a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear pedialite always cures a hangover! also Pretty Little Liars is awesome to binge on, or Hemlock Grove *Netflix original series*, and the second one will be all on Netflix this Friday :)

    Sounds like you had a great weekend!! Thanks for linkin' up :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um, what? Now I want to watch that movie while I eat waffles. I hope it's on Amazon Prime!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for an awesome 4th!! Girl, that email order bride gig looks tempting to watch lol! I have a feeling I will end the show with my mouth wide open. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  15. allll the foods yum! kayaking?! damn girl jealous! looks like fun / dangerous haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yum I love sweet potato burritos! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend. Hope your Monday isn't too rough ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I sooo could have used that burrito today. I would have never thought to use sweet potato, must try!!! And red velvet waffles??? Just stop... that looks so good. I love that you all brunch! My go to hangover food is anything on a biscuit. Today it was sausage and grape jelly... weird but it was so good:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That burrito sounds amazing—and red velvet waffles is the best idea ever!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a good fourth and what a yummy recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That breakfast burrito looks Amazing!! And red velvet pancakes huh? Do they taste any different? Looks like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Um genius....How have I never though to put sweet potato in a breakfast burrito?!?! I feel like a whole new world has been opened to me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Red velvet waffles? OMG. And I love bottomless mimosas! The best restaurant invention! And I have just added E-mail Order Bride to my Netflix list. Thanks for linking up! xo

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!