Stuff I like RN

Monday, January 25, 2021

Raise your hand if watching videos of Kamala Harris getting sworn in and online shopping are the only things making you feel human rn!  Here's the stuff I've liked lately (related):



👚Wearing: Kamala Harris' niece Meena is having a moment and I pre-ordered this "Pro Science, Pro Dolly" sweatshirt from her Phenomenal Woman campaign. 

Last week I had to go to the DMV (I don't even want to talk about it) and rewarded myself with a trip to Athleta - I bought this Coaster Luxe sweater because is the softest thing that has ever touched my skin (PS I feel good about shopping at Athleta because of their actions around inclusivity, their efforts to elevate BIPOC voices, and their sustainability as recognized by their B Corp status)

🍪Eating: Ordered Girl Scout cookies from New York's Troop 6000, a troop that supports the thousands of girls in the NYC homeless shelter system - 100% of proceeds from the cookies go to support the girls' experience. Also, I'm #TeamPeanutButterPaddy NOT do-si-do.

Trying to cut down on red meat and am real into this easy coconut curry shrimp stir fry from Clean Foodie Cravings.

📚Reading: Currently reading Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams from Winter Book Club: Black Authors and loving it. TIME described it as Bridget Jones meets Americanah and I couldn't think of a more accurate description.

🎧Listening: The podcast I'm Not a Monster follows a BBC journalist over four years as he investigates an American woman who ended up at the center of ISIS caliphate - this is a wild ride.

My friend recommended the Natal podcast about having a baby while Black in the US, and it's an especially important listen for allies. Gateway episode: Two- Roots of the Black Birthing Crisis.

🎶On Repeat: Sometimes I think I was meant to be a Gen-Z and this Billie Eilish x Olivia Rodrigo mashup has me feeling a LOT of feelings.

🍷Drinking: I just finished a bottle of McBride Sisters Sauvignon Blanc and also really enjoyed their Black Girl Magic NV Sparkling Brut. A lot of yall recommended their canned wines which I'm going to add to my Valentine's day order. 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!