This is one of my new favorite breakfasts- we both love it and may or may not have eaten it for the last 4 weeks...Because it's also super easy.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 12 eggs ($2.00)
- 2 tomatoes, diced ($1.00)
- 1 potato, diced ($.50)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb of clean breakfast sausage (remember- 3 ingredients or less. I found 3-ingredient sausage made by Shady Brook Farms and it was delish) ($3.50)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil/olive oil/oil of your choice
- 1 teaspoon + 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon + 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon + 1 teaspoon garlic powder
While potatoes are cooking, cook the sausages in a frying pan over medium, covered, for about 8-10 minutes on each side. Once fully cooked, allow sausages to cool away from the heat. Once cooled, cut the sausages into little pieces.
Wisk the eggs with the seasonings and pour into the pan used to cook the sausages (the leftover flavor from the sausage will get sopped up by the eggs). Add the sausages and potatoes to the eggs and scramble together until the eggs are cooked the way you like them.
Mix in the tomatoes after everything is cooked (I hate how wilty those tomatoes get when they're cooked!)
Store in a big tupperware in the fridge and scoop some out for breakfast each morning. How easy is that??