As I mentioned earlier, I am dabbling in the world of pasta for the first time in my life - and yes, I have gone almost 30 years without ever cooking or enjoying pasta (every time I mention this people act like I'm saying I murdered someone) so there's a bit of a learning curve here. Not posted: pasta fails from last week /:
This one was too easy, we both liked it, and we had leftovers for days. I never considered cooking with fresh ginger until I tried out Blue Apron (for a week) and now I want to add it to everything! I love the flavor the ginger adds! What else can I cook with ginger? Suggestions please!
Cook Time: 20 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
- 6 oz organic pasta, rice noodles, or squoodles (whatever you prefer, I used the organic pasta from Wal-Mart) $2
- 1 container Trader Joe's Asian Stir Fry Veggies ($4)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 handful cashews, chopped ($.50)
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce (Paleo DIY)
- Lime juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 teaspoon olive oil/coconut oil/cooking fat of choice
- Salt & pepper
Cook the pasta. While pasta is cooking, coat a large frying pan with olive oil or cooking fat of your choice and heat. Add in the vegetables and garlic, season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring, for about 5 minutes. Add in the ginger and cashews and cook another 3-5 minutes.
Once the pasta is ready add it to the pan. Add the soy sauce and lime juice and continue to cook over medium heat, covered for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Annnd that's it!