Clean Eating Lunch for the Week: 3 Ingredient Crockpot Beans and Chicken

Monday, March 3, 2014



 Last Sunday I got back from [sunny, warm, beautiful] San Diego at midnight and was panicked because a) I was having a life-crisis figuring out why I live in cold DC;   b) I gained approximately 10 lbs eating and drinking my way through San Diego for 4 days;  c) I was on the verge of overdrafting my bank account from problem b; and d) because of problem b and c there was no way I was going to eat out that week. What to do what to do? All I had in the pantry was 1 can of black beans, 1 can of Rotel Diced Tomatoes (medium heat), and a pound of chicken breasts in the freezer. What's that saying? When in doubt throw everything in a crockpot? Is that a saying? K well that's what I did and came up with this gem for my lunch for the week!

 Servings: 5
Prep Time: 0
Cook Time: 5 [crockpot] hours

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb chicken breasts, thawed ($3.50)
  • 1 14 oz can black beans ($.99)
  • 1 14 oz can Rotel Diced Tomatoes ($1.50)
  • 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
 Throw everything in the crockpot on high for 5 hours. Ha. How easy is that.

Ok I lied a little above, I also had a bag of wilted spinach and half a jar of salsa, which I topped my meal with each day. Other topping ideas: Greek Yogurt, onions, fresh tomatoes, jalapenos.


For 1 serving

PS Need a little Monday inspiration? Check out my fav Oscar acceptance speeches: Lupita'sJared's and Matt's. Really how perfect is Lupita? How lucky are young girls to be growing up watching women like Lupita and Jennifer Lawrence huh? Oh and was anyone else a little pissed that according to the Oscars you have to be a male to be a hero? I mean I guess putting 4 shots of J. Law qualifies.....


Linking up today with Motivation Monday and
Epic Mommy Adventures
Eat Drink & Be Mary

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!