Happy Tuesday! Is anyone else really not feeling this Tuesday? Is it summer yet? Is it time to move into the new house yet (the answer to that is no- more on that later).
Last week I made this yummy fiesta stuffed chicken, and here's the recipe just in time for one of my favorite holidays- Cinco de Mayo (which happens to fall the same weekend as my birthday- Lindsay de Mayo sooo..)
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 2 Chicken Breasts, thawed ($5.00)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Bell Pepper, diced ($.80)
- 1/2 Large onion, diced ($.50)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Lime Juice of 1 lime ($1.00)
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Cilantro, fresh ($.50)
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Butterfly cut the chicken breasts (see here for a 10 second tutorial). Season the chicken breasts with cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
Combine the bell pepper, onion, garlic, lime and cilantro- now you have pico de gallo! Spoon the pico evenly onto one half of each chicken breast (one butterfly wing?). Fold the other half over so you basically have a taco with a chicken shell and pico stuffing.
Place the chicken breasts into a baking pan and add the chicken broth. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken breasts are cooked all the way through.
I chopped up some sweet potatoes that I seasoned with cumin and sea salt, and cooked in the oven with the chicken breasts and topped with some extra pico de gallo that I made. YUM!
And now for Home Renovation Update: Self Reflection Edition. In this process I have learned a few things about myself:
- I am extremely Type A (Type A + perhaps?)
- I need to control everything
- There are approximately zero things I can control in this project
- I live by deadlines, timelines and checklists. If all my boxes aren't checked off, then the day is not over yet.
- Deadlines, timelines and checklists are mere suggestions for contractors. Checklists apparently do not exist in this industry.
- When things are off schedule, I am thrown into a tizzy and get completely stressed out (sorry, Dad, for my major temper tantrum the other day re: things not running on schedule)
- Nothing in construction runs on schedule.
- I feel like when I can't oversee everything, nothing will happen right.
- I haven't overseen anything for the last week and everything is completely fine.
So I guess God is telling me to let go of some control huh? It's hard to teach this old dog new tricks, but I'm trying to give over some of the control and be a little more Type B about this. I'm so thankful to have my parents helping out and doing so much of the projects because a) I trust them and b) they understand how psychotic I am because they made me and c) they explain everything to me, including WHY things have to run behind schedule.
So now for picture updates:
Master closet before:
Master closet during (it now takes up AN ENTIRE WALL)