Last weekend Harrison and I flew down to Savannah for my friend's wedding and it. was. beautiful. My friend (the bride) DIYed the whole thing- I was so impressed! They married in Lafayette Square (thank you, JC for holding off the rain) and then we partied the night away at Vic's On The River. It was a blast! These were my favorite budget-friendly-DIY elements of the wedding:
1) Rehearsal Dinner Dress: Let's take a minute to swoon over how beautiful my friend is. Now, let's swoon at the Badgley Mischka Vision in White dress she wore from Rent the Runway. Our friend has Pro Membership which gets her a free birthday dress, free shipping and free insurance soooo that was easy, and $40. Why not just spend $40 on a dress you can really only wear once anyway? Look though, this dress was so beautiful- see below. And yes, I have obsessively searched RTR since the wedding for my perfect rehearsal dinner dress.
2) Wedding Favors: I love how simple these koozies are. And I love koozies because really who can tolerate a cold hand. Ebay has lots of shops you can order custom wedding koozies from that range in price from $50-$79 for a set of 100 (!!!). On my search for the best priced custom koozies I came across this and this that I wish I had the balls to pull off at my own wedding. But I AM ordering these for Harrison and me to drink out of on our wedding day.
3) DIY Wedding Program: Ok this is just genius because by the end of the wedding I basically need a binder to haul all the paper products (program, fan, dinner menu, dessert menu, bride's grandma's autobiography...) and just throw it away anyway. So to avoid all that and to save a COUPLE HUNDRED dollars, they just made one giant wedding program. The bride's sister did this herself and it fit with the chalkboard signage they used throughout the wedding.
4) Rehearsal Dinner Invite: Again with the chalkboard theme. I love the look and the simplicity. They ordered them here.
5) Rehearsal Dinner Favors: OBSESSED. How cute are these pint glasses? You can make your own customizable pint glasses from Kate Aspen here starting at $2.20/glass. Sidenote: I spent about an hour on the Kate Aspen site. I mean really if you're trying to kill a Friday afternoon at work this is where to go. My favorites are this and this because I like to encourage practicality, and what is more practical than drinking tools. ALSO my inside source says Kate Aspen is coming out with some awesome new lines in May so check back!
6) DIY Reception Signs: Sticking with the chalkboard theme, these signs were everywhere. I like these $30 stand-up chalkboards and this $14 lace-lined chalkboard from Target. And can we just talk about these MUSTACHE CHALKBOARD DECALS?
7) Guest Book Remix: I have always wondered what people would actually DO with a guestbook- put it on a shelf? So instead they had everyone sign this name art that they can hang anywhere! I found an Ebay name art shop where you can get your name for $21 here, the couple got their's at this Etsy shop.
And now, let's enjoy the simple/elegant DIY centerpieces. I MEAN CMON.
PS: Here's a full bodyshot of THE rehearsal dinner dress from RTR. $40 people. 40 freaking bones.
|Badgley Mischka Vision in White from Rent The Runway|
Evidence of a great wedding: ripped pants. That's my man. He's on a 5-wedding-pants-ripping streak.
Annnddd HOW perfect is this picture taken by the amazing Britt Croft?!?! Stalk more of their wedding here and leave some comments! The couple wins free prints for lots of comments on the photographer's site so stalk and comment away!
|Britt Croft Photography|