1. Garnier Fructis Curl Cream: I usually put 2-3 squirts of this in right when I get out of the shower. It is really light and not sticky at all.
2. Revlon RV544PKF 1875W Tourmaline Ionic Ceramic Dryer with Diffuser: I haaaate having wet hair, and thick curly hair takes ageessssss to dry. I can dry my hair in under 10 minutes every time, and the diffuser is a must have for curly hair.
3. DOVE Style + Strength + Flexible Hold Hairspray: This is a must have for updos, or for when I throw my hair up/pin it back/twist it up because frizzies and flyaways can get out of control. No crunchiness, no helmet hair, just a soft, smell-good hold. I spray it on after I've styled my hair the way I want it. Added bonus: it smells good, not like most hair sprays that remind me of grandmas for some reason.
4. Herbal Essence Touchably Soft Mousse: I always put this in my wet or dry hair before I style it. No flakes, no crunch, and it makes my hair super easy to style.
5. ISO Bouncy Creme Curl Texturizer: I've been hooked on this stuff since 9th grade! I love love loveee it! It smells SO good, keeps your hair soft and frizz-free all day. I can't recommend this stuff enough! I usually order mass quantities on Amazon.
6. Dry Shampoo: I wash my hair 1-2 times/week so this is a must. It keeps my hair shiny and oil-free between washes- I just spray a few sprays on the roots of my hair and toussle it a little.
**note: while I do not wash my hair every day, I DO wet it in the shower and rinse sweat and stuff out of it. When I get out I add a little more Bouncy Creme and blow dry it to keep it looking full and alive!
Some of my fav curly hair do's when I'm in a hurry and/or it is too hot to have hair on my neck (spoiler alert- I side twist my hair every other day- it all looks super complex on curly hair but it is very, very simple):
Fav Curly Hair Youtube Tutorials:
So, I'm in search of some good leave-in conditioner that's not going to break my bank. Any suggestions? What are your must have hair products???