It's Monday and honestly I need to sleep off this weekend. More about that later. For now: breakfast.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Egg Scramble Ingredients:
- 5 large eggs, whisked
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- handful fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pour the egg into a large frying pan and cook over medium heat for about a minute before adding in the veggies. Stir them all together the whole time you're cooking the egg mixture and voila- clean breakfast scramble!
Stove Top Sweet Potato Ingredients:
- 1 medium sweet potato cut into chunks
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (less if you're not a garlic freak like us)
- 1-2 teaspoons Season-All
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil (or oil of your choice)
Mix all the ingredients well and pour into a frying pan. Cover and cook over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently. They are great.
Just like this breakfast, this weekend was great but almost too much.
Friday we went to a Nat's Game...confession: I hate baseball. I love drinking outside and that's about as far as my affection for baseball goes. I had to call it quits during the 7th inning to go the heck home (this was after I arrived during the 3rd inning due to excessive tailgating at The Bull Pen, sorry). It was a great night to be outside though!
Only in DC does everyone get all turned up about presidential mascots:
Saturday we went to Trillectro, DC's hip hop/electronic music festival.
Rained all day.
I was so confused by a lot of things at this music festival including but not limited to:
- Is everyone's clothes straight out of 1998 Delia's catalogue?
- Am I so old that this is like when flair jeans got cool and my mom said "I used to wear flair jeans they were so cool when I was younger too!" and I thought she was so lame?
- I am actually a decade older than the youngest attendants at this show?
- My feet and ankles hurt, how do people do this? How did I used to do this on the reg?
- I have heartburn for the first time in my life? Philly cheesesteaks from a food truck aren't my thing?
I also caught up on a little Teen Mom and as usual am also in a state of confusion re: Leah. When it's not the hair or makeup, it's everything else.
And Andi had an all out battle with the vacuum cleaner (I hate vacuuming too, Andi) during Sunday Cleaning.
Question: Has anyone else noticed that festival fashion came directly from the pages of Delia's 1998 catalogue? Was anyone allowed to order Delia's? I wasn't because it was too expensive but I studied that catalogue like my grades depended on it.
Linking up with Biana!