I didn't want to be this way but I am. It's crunch time to get healthy/lose weight/have killer arms/drop 10 lbs from my FACE (in case you're wondering, I did extensive
My goal for the next 9 weeks (i.e. until the wedding) is to really focus on switching up my workouts. Running at least once/week, HIIT at least twice/week, yoga 3 times/week, incorporating weights 2xweek (either through HIIT or a weights routine) then sprinkling in some barre or other stuff I'm in the mood for. No real reason in particular for choosing these workouts except that when I'm in a regular routine with yoga/running/HIIT I feel so freakin good.
The New Year is a great time to focus on this because everyone and their mother is doing it too and everyone and their mother is releasing all kinds of resources. Here are some that I'm excited to tag along with:
Fitness Blender's new year highlights:
- New workout videos every single weekday all throughout January
- A new, 100% free, fully customizable online workout calendar to track your workouts & progress all year long
- Real time tools to track your time spent exercising, the difficulty of your workouts, calorie burn & more
- The 8 Week Programs are moving online to fitnessblender.com & we're making them even better + you'll have at least FIVE brand new workout programs to choose from starting January 1st, including new rounds of our popular 8 Week Fat Loss Programs, 30 Minute "Busy People" programs + all new low impact, & mass building plans & more
- A community forum exclusively for the Fitness Blender family so that you can find support in Blenders around the world who are working through the same programs as you are
- See their video announcement here
New yoga obsession: Fightmaster Yoga.
- About a zillion videos for every level and everything you could possibly want to work on.
- Plus a focus on the reflection/being in the moment/all that good stuff you need to be reminded about while planning a wedding that is quickly spinning out of control into a 3-ring circus.
Millionaire Hoy's New Challenges:What are you doing to stay in shape this new year? Any good resources to share?
- Every type of challenge from 30 days to 90 days to 2-a-days
- Dumbbell routines
- 1000 calorie routines
- Different body part focuses
- Sidenote: just because Mil posts a short workout does NOT mean it is easier. In fact, shorter just means you will want to puke about 7 minutes in instead of 30 minutes in.