2021.1.18 Sunday Reading List

Monday, January 18, 2021

 


On this MLK Day, I hope everyone takes time to learn what Martin Luther King, Jr. was truly about, the resistance he faced, and the way history repeats itself. I hope white allies take his words into consideration and step outside the comfort of living as a white moderate. I posted more about this here.

When the FBI Spied on MLK (The Atlantic): The extent to which the FBI surveilled MLK and their attempts to discredit him are important to understand as we engage in activism now. 

The Connection Between Wellness Influencers and the QAnon (Cosmopolitan): The more I learn about QAnon the less I understand.

Related: How Country Wives Got into Hot Water After the Capitol Siege (Vanity Fair): Raise your hand if you're surprised.

154,000 Black Women Left the Workforce in December (Huffpost): What is behind this crisis.

They Say This Isn't America, but for most it is (Harper's Bazaar): We are so quick to deny our legacy.

The Murky World of Moderation on Clubhouse (Vanity Fair): Jury's still out for me on Clubhouse (is it more than an old-school chatroom that uses audio instead of typing?). I think I'll stay on my beloved Reddit where the mods truly rock. But this is an interesting look into how far moderation should go, and how it can look.

How to Hold Your Company Accountable to Its Promise of Racial Justice (HBR): Practical steps with case studies.



Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!