Garlic Tomato Balsamic Vinegar Chicken

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Mmm look at thaaat!

I fell off the chicken bandwagon in college after eating chicken breasts with barbecue sauce for dinner every single day my junior year of college. This was during my Weight Watchers days (or in college as we liked to call it, Weight Watchers Anonymous) in which I was attempting to lose the 20 lbs  all-you-can-eat dining hall freshman year and the sorority house (with our own cook and 24-7 access to leftover dessert and cereal) and years of living across the street from Gumby's caused me to gain, and it was just a lot easier to track points when I ate the same thing every day (college mindset right? Like I said, I was a stain). After a year of that I spent years thinking I was going to throw up if I saw one more Sweet Baby Ray's coated chicken breast. Sidenote: I know I'm not the only Weight Watchers Anonymous college student who ate vegetables all day to save points for boozing right?

Anyway, my friend told me she tried an amazing balsamic chicken and I was like,  you know what? I think I'm ready to revisit my old friend, Chicken. Welp I'm back. Thank you, chicken for your fabulous supply of protein and extremely low fatness. {click "read the whole post} for recipe



Servings: I made this for 2, but it ended up giving both of us lunch the next day so, 4 servings.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins

Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs chicken breast, thawed ($7.00)
  • 1 red peppers, diced ($1.00)
  • 1/2 medium onion, sliced ($.50)
  • 1 package grape tomatoes, halved ($3.00) 
  • 8  cloves garlic (yes, 8), minced ($1.50)
  • 4 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon Parsley (dry parsley is just fine)
  • *feel free to add as many veggies as you want. I just used what I had on hand. Next time I want to add mushrooms and basil. 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine your garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, and parsley in the blender and pulse on "puree" until you have a saucey consistency. Place your chicken breasts into a foil lined baking dish (easy clean up!) and pile on the veggies. Evenly pour the vingear sauce over the veggies. Cook for 35 minutes, or until your chicken breasts have no pink on the inside. Top with parmesan cheese if you so desire. I also added some sea salt and pepper to mine because it seemed a bit bland.

all that freshness
 

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!