Clean Eating Pancakes! 4 Ingredient Pancakes!! + weekend recap

Monday, March 17, 2014



I have been seeing clean eating pancakes all over Pinterest but a lot of the recipes are pretty complex- by that I mean too much to do before I finish my coffee. But THIS recipe is even more simple than making a breakfast smoothie and only needs things that I already have around the house. Plus they have a banana taste- banana pancakes! Yes please!

Servings: 2 (3 pancakes each)
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins

Ingredients:
  • 4 egg whites ($.50)
  • 1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats ($.10)
  • 1 banana ($.10)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla 

Combine all the ingredients in a blender (I use this one from Amazon). Pour 1/4 cup of the mix onto a non-stick frying pan and cook 2 minutes on each side. Repeat for the other pancakes (PS I cooked one pancake at a time in a little frying pan and then remembered we actually have a griddle...like I said, everything is too much before coffee). 

Top with fruit and natural maple syrup and enjoy!

Literally the only 4 ingredients. Amazingness.



P.S. I uninstalled IntenseDebate commenting system this weekend which caused me to lose hundreds of comments- I didn't delete anyone's it just happened! I finally had it with losing all the comments on certain posts for no apparent reason (this happened to 1-2 posts each week) and had zero luck with support from the website. Anyone have recommendations for Blogger commenting platforms? Any suggestions welcome!

P.S.S. Anyone else have an amazing weekend? Andi and I lived it up in the 60 degree weather:

Had a fun St. Paddy's celebration in Dupont involving a leprachaun on a stripper pole:

Made some delicious new red bean burgers (recipe coming soon!):


And some friends came out to the Mall with us to help with our Save the Date Project ("project" meaning "finding ways to do free save the dates") for our Washington, DC wedding (I drag my friends along for this instead of paying someone a zillion dollars- thanks Anna and Kyle!):

Nothing says romance like construction cranes on the mall
Yep I'm marrying someone who insists on wearing a crown.

This is my favorite (I'm vetoing the crown)

Obligatory Sexy Face pic in front of the Nation's Capital


And while I'm not one to complain about a work-from-home day or complain after a beautiful weekend, this is how I'm feeling about the 8" of snow today:

via



Linking up today:

Epic Mommy Adventures




Laugh. Eat. Learn.

36 comments :

  1. I can't even put in my contacts in the morning without coffee. It's a problem really. This recipe is awesome! I am making it as soon as I get some more bananas!
    I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meg! Let me know how the pancakes turn out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there a reason you only use egg whtes rather than the whole egg?

      Delete
  3. I am useless until I've had my coffee! The Leprechaun on the stripper pole is too funny! The pancakes look really good, love anything simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha we coffee addicts need to stick together to find simple breakfasts we can handle making before our coffee !

      Delete
  4. Visiting from the linkup -- so much fun stuff on here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmk I was just on the hunt for a new pancake recipe to try! I will have to give this on a try :) Thanks for sharing girl!!

    P.S. - I am so sorry for the snow :( I HATE cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A clean recipe with only 4 ingredients?! Now that sounds like something I can handle! So glad I found this recipe, I'll be pinning to try this out in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by, Mary! Let me know how they turn out!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for linking up with us!!! I almost didn't see this recipe.. Could you repost on our new link up for this week???

    Alexis at Laugh. Eat. Learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oopsies thanks for getting me to the right page! (:

      Delete
  8. Thanks for linking up, umm yeah I totally had a friend do my Save the dates also, she cost me pennies compared to my wedding photographer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Anything with photography is SO expensive!

      Delete
  9. Love the pictures and the construction cranes are cracking me up! It is true that there is always construction everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these! Not only did I easily make an enjoy them but so did the hubs and my 1yo. We will definitely be making these often!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUMMY, those pancakes! So clever! I love the idea of your blog! I am in a sort of similar situation in NYC! It's hard to not be rich here because i want to BUY EVERYTHING. and EAT EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you use quick oats instead of old fashioned? How about 3 whole eggs instead of 4 egg whites? My son loves pancakes, I am excited to offer a healthier option, now to just hope he likes them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure quick would work too- let me know how they turn out!

      Delete
  13. Is there a way to make these with something other than banana? My best friend and I are clean eating but she doesn't like bananas. Also, could I substitute steel-cut oats? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what to use besides banana, I've seen a lot of different recipes on Pinterest that may not involve bananas? You can definitely substitute steel cut oats!

      Delete
  14. These were great and so easy to make. I've been trying some of the more complicated recipes (using flax seed, etc), these were so much better. Ate them with a bit of peanut butter. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just wanted to let you know I made these pancakes for the family yesterday and they were a big hit! I used Coach's Oats (from Costco) that are 100% whole grain, steel-cut oats and added a pinch of nutmeg. Thanks so much for this recipe. Just a note that I let the batter rest for a few minutes before cooking so that the oats had a chance to thicken a bit. They turned out nice and fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Does anyone know if these are a good option for diabetics? My grandma loves pancakes but shouldn't be eating regular ones.. Any help would be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feed them to my diabetic husband. The only thing high in sugar is the banana, as long as she's allowed half a banana a day then the recommended serving size would be fine. Now the maple syrup needs to be just a fine drizzle... 1 - 2 tsps tops. As long as she's eating a controlled portion diet these should be fine (But talk to her doctor re: how many servings of carbs, fruits, grains, etc that she should be eating)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for the advice- this is great!

      Delete
  17. Just made these. I used 3 whole eggs and quick oats and they turned out great :) Also added the nutmeg as suggested by the mrs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Made these this morning,, added just a smidge of almond butter and served with honey.They were wonderful!!! Will definitely make again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My foodness these were so good!! thank you for sharing I just made 2 batches n the 2nd one I added chopped up strawberries before I put on the skillet and mmm tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. the kids and I really liked this. we're not huge fans of the strong banana taste but i sprinkled cinnamon on top and it helped neutralize it a bit. These are the only ones so far that mimic the fluffy texture of reqular pancakes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, I will be eating these in the morning after my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  22. look at this site www.dolabuy.ru blog here www.dolabuy.ru straight from the source dolabuy.ru

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!