Clean Eating Lemon Rosemary Chicken + Brussel Sprouts

Tuesday, March 18, 2014


We survived blizzard #100000000021 of the winter! I would like to thank Netflix and an entire season of Parenthood for making it enjoyable- and also all of my friends who told me I had to watch Parenthood. Anyone else love that show??

 We ate this meal the other night and it was delishhhh. So good. I go through phases with chicken- sometimes I love it and sometimes I think I'm going to throw up if I even smell it. So clearly I'm in an "on" phase with it and am trying to figure out every possible way to cook it.

Servings: 2
Prep Time: 10 mins + 2 hours marinating in the fridge
Cook Time: 30 mins

Ingredients:

For the marinade:

  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground pepper
  • Lemon juice of one lemon
For the chicken:
  • 1 lb chicken breast, thawed ($5.00)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 onion, sliced ($.25)
  • 1 lemon, sliced
  • 1 Tablespoon Rosemary

Combine the marinade ingredients with the chicken breasts in a ziploc bag. Squeeze the air out of it and smush everything around in the bag. Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours (usually I do make the marinade on my food prep Sundays, put it in a bag, then add chicken before I go to work the morning I plan to eat it). 

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Dump all the ingredients of the bag into a non-stick oven dish- evenly spreading the marinade on top of the chicken. Sprinkle the minced garlic and rosemary onto the chicken and layer on the onion and lemon slices on top. 

Heat in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the insides aren't pink anymore and enjoy!




We ate these with brussel sprouts- K I know I'm late for the party but WHAT!! THESE WERE SO GOOD!! Harrison and I ate the entire bowl while the chicken finished cooking. All I did was toss them with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, put them on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt, put in the oven at 425 for about 15 minutes (turning once), then sprinkled garlic on top once they were out of the oven. And binge at them. HOLY.

Believe it or not these were a little crispy. Delish.


P.S. I also caught up on Teen Mom 2. What in the world is going on? Why is Jenelle so fertile? And what is with Leah's hair and makeup situation? I just... I think I'm getting too old for this reality tv business.


Linking up today with Time to Sparkle, Delicious Dish Tuesday, and Turn it Up Tuesdays. Go check them out for tons of recipes and project ideas!

7 comments :

  1. So many things I love about this. First, I am the same way with chicken. It's so bizarre. Sometimes I can eat it and sometimes I just cannot. Second, brussel sprouts are tiny, heavenly, cabbages. I am obsessed. Third, for real, what is with Leah's makeup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok really I felt kind of petty saying that when there are CLEARLY bigger issues to deal with on the show but I cannot tell you one thing going on with her because I was so distracted by the makeup!! haha!

      Delete
  2. I also love parenthood, but I'm quite a bit behind. And I have a love-hate relationship with chicken, too. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! Thanks for sharing another recipe with us this week at Delicious Dish Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only on season 2 of Parenthood- how did people watch TV shows before Netflix?? haha

      Delete
  3. This chicken just looks and sounds so amazing! I'm just a huge fan of anything with lemon. And seriously, Netflix gets me through everything. It's become part of my regular night routine. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. I've watched way too many shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way! for some reason I watched way less tv when I was paying 10x as much for cable..

      Delete
  4. These snow storms are starting to drive me a little batty. But Netflix and your chicken recipe would be a great way to spend it.

    Thanks so much for sharing on Turn It Up Tuesday! We love having you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!