Red Bean Burgers + Weekend Recap

Monday, March 31, 2014


So whoa the last week has been nuts! I feel like I haven't had a chance to sit down! Thank goodness for food prepping on Sundays because otherwise I would not have had lunch this week! I made these spunky red bean burgers and ate with salads, Greek Yogurt, tomatoes and veggies.

Servings: 6 patties
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins

Ingredients
  • 2 cans kidney beans, drained ($2.00)
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 Tablespoons tomato paste ($.50)
  • 1.5 Tablespoons red wine vinegar (balsamic works too)
  • 3/4 red onion, minced ($.50)
  • 1/4 cup parsley (I used fresh parsley for this one, dried is fine too) ($1.00)
  • 1 Tablespoon oregano 
  • 1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats ($.50)
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 2 Tablespoons red pepper flakes (this made my burgers pretty spicy, definitely lay off the red pepper  flakes if you're not a spicy fan) 

In a medium sized bowl, smash the kidney beans with a spoon until about 3/4 of the beans are completely mush. Add in the garlic, tomato paste and vinegar and mix well. (Sidenote: you can do all this in a food processor too).

Next add the onion, parsley and oregano and mix well. Stir in the oats. Next mix in the salt and red pepper flakes.

Let the mixture cool in the fridge for about 30-45 mins. Once they are cooled, form patties and cook over medium heat in a non-stick pan for 6 minutes on each side.





So this crazy nutso week was jam-packed full of grown up things (sidenote: when did I get this old?)!

Thursday my work had our gala which was sooo fun (hello open bar, live band and fancy finger foods!)- I am really fortunate to have fun co-workers! And how do you like my black silk $4 THRIFT STORE dress I wore?
Harrison cleans up nice right?




And as of Friday Harrison and I OFFICIALLY BOUGHT A HOUSE!! Now we get started on rennovations so we can MOVE IN!!! This is us at closing (I'm sitting in shock that after all we went through to buy a house, the actual closing took 15 minutes of paper signing):


And Harrison got us these custom made keychains for our new house keys (fun fact: I used to run an afterschool program where the name "Lindsay" was too complicated. Kids: "Hey yo Linda!" Me: "It's Ms. Lindsay" Kids: That what I said! Linda come here"- and the nickname has stuck. I hate it but it is kind of endearing):



Then I went home to Richmond for the weekend to try on wedding dresses (EEEE)! This is my friend and MOH Meg, me, and Andi on the roadtrip from DC to Richmond



My mom and some of our friends came along and made these scorecards for the dresses- each card had a ridiculous picture of me on it that either meant yes, no, or maybe.


Andi officially has a crush on my friend's dog who could possibly be her twin brother. Andi and Archie. Has a ring doesn't it? I also learned that my sweet puppy is a shameless flirt, and was a bit mortified at her behavior but hey, the girl knows what she wants!
How was your weekend? What kind of food prep tips can you share for crazy weeks like this??



Linking up today with Monday Morning Gossip, Much Ado About Monday, Weekday Social Media Blog Hop

5 comments :

  1. Congrats on the new house! So exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! Thanks for linking up!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. like this g6y42c9s55 replica louis vuitton handbags replica bags nancy best replica bags online 2018 explanation b2q00p1d61 replica bags turkey Look At This s2y27f8w06 best replica designer bags 9a replica bags

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!