stuff i like rn

Wednesday, March 10, 2021


 📖Reading: After wrapping up my February reads I'm on The Mothers by Brit Bennett (author of one of my favs The Vanishing Half) and finishing up Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria  via Audible. The Mothers has me all the way sucked in and I'm learning so much from my audiobook.

📺Watching: Required Black History viewing- Judas and the Black Messiah on HBO Max.

🎶 Inspired:  Kirk Franklin's Tiny Desk concert!!! You don't have to be down with the G-O-D (reference to Sister Act 2 ICYMI) to get down with this. I recommend browsing Tiny Desk's Black History Month playlist. Tiny Desk Concerts is a video series of live concerts hosted by NPR Music at the desk of All Songs Considered host Bob Boilen. 

🧴Skincaring: I've been reading about the shelf stability of a lot of skin care products, especially our vitamin C serums/moisturizers (thanks to Laura Scott), and so opted for the Drunk Elephant Littles from Sephora for my latest refills. Huge fan of their T.L.C. Framboos serum's ability to clear up my skin, and finally getting into the vitamin C craze (which are both included in the Littles set). I also like that the Drunk Elephant products range from 1 - 3 ratings on EWG*.

🎧Listening: The Higher Learning podcast has me LOLing and also really thinking in each episode. Rachel Lindsay and Van Lathan have great chemistry and it's really fun to listen to them dissect pop culture and current events.

💅🏻Manicuring: I finally tried the gel strips everyone's been raving about- I opted for the Dashing Diva brand ($8 for 32 gel strips aka 32 nails) at Ulta or Target. The application was super easy and took less than 10 mins (no tools or lights required, they're just stickers you put on your nails!) and now I'm one week in with a full set still in tact looking like day one (even after hair washes! my usual gel manicures don't usually hold up against my hair). I'm impressed and ordered another 5 sets. 

👖Wearing: Everyone and their mom is telling me about these Aerie and Amazon dupes for Lululemon Fast and Free leggings (my all time favs). I ordered mediums for both and while they aren't as "barely there" feeling as the Lulu version, at a price point that is literally *one hundred whole dollars* less they're great. I prefer the Aerie leggings because they are a little lighter and the thin waistband is un-noticeable in my Peloton rides and strength workouts. My only complaint is no pockets. The Amazon leggings come in more colors, have pockets, and are good but a tiny bit thicker and the waistband rolls when I'm squatting. These are both great options for workout leggings (and I am extremely picky), I'll be ordering more!

Aerie



Amazon 


*Using EWG Ratings: Environmental Working Group rates products based on the safety of the chemicals in the product. EWG Verified means there is no trace of any possible cancer-causing/dangerous/bad for you chemicals. 1 is the next safest, 10 is the least safe.

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!