|Lots of light, 2 stories, grits.|
Here's the breakdown:
Bottomless Mimosas: $15
Average Brunch Plate: $10
Check Splitting: Easy
Bathrooms: Clean, no lines
- Brunch lasts ALL DAY SUNDAY
- Guava juice mimosas- DELICIOUS. Also they don't burn your stomach after 20 the way OJ does
- GRITS- the grits were everything. every. last. thing. Honestly I don't really remember what I ate because I was so distracted by the fluffy, sticky, perfect grits. I could have eaten a bowl of those puppies and sipped guava mimosas all day and been 100% satisfied.
- Lots of vegan/vegetarian options and even clean menu items. I had to cheat. The grits. THE GRITS.
- A lot of food options in general (I hate places where it's like pancakes or eggs which one do you want?). They were actually ranked as DC's hottest spot for foodies.
- Friendly staff
- Eco friendly, green and local (yay for day drinking and supporting good things!)
- Clean bathrooms (but why is someone's law school diploma hanging in the women's bathroom?)
- Ample outdoor seating that would be great once the temperature drops below 1000 degrees
- Constant empty mimosa glasses (blessing in disguise?)
- Our waitress seemed rude. Every time we asked for anything including refills, it seemed like a major labor for her. Sidenote- She was Eastern European. Not to stereotype but I used to work with a Ukranian who was a former Disney on Ice ice dancer (yes, ice dancer). He once told me the story of Aladin toppling off an elephant during a show and landing unconscious face down. I asked if Aladin was ok and he replied "Huh? I don't know I never see him again, ze show must go on. Ze show must always go on". Sooo that's my theory on her behavior. Ze show must always go on, and we must always be serious
- 2 hour brunch limit. It was enforced. Wait looking back maybe our waitress hated us?