Like Crab Cakes but With Tuna

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sidenote- I got that red cutting board at the FREAKING DOLLAR STORE. The kind where everything is a dollar. It's in District Heights. They have picture frames too. And Sharpies. I truly thought these places didn't exist in the DMV.
Can we just agree that "Tuna Cake" sounds disgusting? So we call these Crab Cakes With Tuna. Yeah, these were so surprisingly good I wasn't even able to take a picture before we ate half of them. Here's a breakdown of how I made these:
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Servings: 5 patties
Ingredients
  • 2  7 oz. cans of tuna in water (Got these at Costco about 1.5 years ago. I think it was like $10 for 15 cans. We will never go through all these cans of tuna. Ever. In fact, if you want to try this recipe please come over and use my tuna)
  • Juice from1/2 a lemon ($1.00/lb of lemon)
  • 1 garlic clove- minced
  • 1/4 Cup chopped fresh parsley ($1.00 for the bushel. Are those called bushels? Bunches? Leaves? Plants? Whatever you know what I mean)
  • 3 eggs ($.80)

Mix it all together. Throw it on top of the stove. Slice the other lemon half and top the Crab Cakes With Tuna with the lemon, lettuce, tomato and some hot sauce. These came out a little crumbly but they were so tasty!

And ok, I'm pretty sure hot sauce isn't clean but I gotta have SOMETHING.



Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!