Snider's Superfoods in Silver Spring. I've done tons of comparing across Snider's, Giant, Harris Teeter, Yes! Organic Market (yeah right), and Snider's always comes out the least expensive. Even when you factor in the cost of gas to drive out to BFE aka Silver Spring.
For the burgers:
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Servings: 5 medium sized patties
- 1 lb 98% lean ground turkey ($6)
- 2 cloves garlic- pressed ($.30)
- 2 eggs ($.21)
- 1/4 onion- chopped ($.75)
- 1/8 Cup chopped red pepper ($.50)
For the bruschetta:
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 0
- 1/4 Cup diced onion ($.50)
- tiny bit of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar (no clue how much this cost because I bought it as Costco forever ago)
- 3 medium tomatoes- diced ($1.50)
- 3 cloves garlic- minced (we love garlic ok?)
- 2 Tbsp Basil leaves (I used dried basil leaves from Snider's. The whole jar of seasoning was $1.28! There is not much I hate more than spending $5 for tiny jars of seasonings. Thank you, Snider's)
- Mix it all together. Put it on top of the burgers. Or eat it with a shovel if you are my BF.
Eat it all naked. And save the leftovers for lunch tomorrow!
And by naked I mean bunless.