This is going to come as a huge shocker but I love all things brunch, especially brunching with people. So this Sunday we had a brunch party and I only cooked clean! Ok so maybe the drinking wasn't so clean but it was delicious and everyone loved it.
1. Peach Mimosas: Not so clean, but hey I was good all weekend so I gave it to myself. These mimosas are the BEST. Andre Peach Champagne (which has mysteriously changed its name to "muscato") for $6 and the cheapest jug of OJ I could find totaled up to less than $30 to serve everyone plenty of peach mimosas. If it's just one or two people you'll spend less than $9 for your own bottomless mimosas. Livin the broke bougie dream. Oh also how great is that mimosa cup? My mom got me a set of wine glass tumblers from Hallmark which are totally worth the extra money because I break about 14 $3 Ikea wine glasses each year whereas these glasses are UNBREAKABLE. I decided it all evens out by the end of the fiscal year.
2. Grandma's Breakfast Potatoes Cleaned Up:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 handful of mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic seasoning (again, we love garlic so others may want to tone it down)
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Slice the onions and the potatoes as thin as quarters. Pour the olive oil into a large frying pan. Layer the frying pan with the onion slices and sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon pepper and 1/2 tablespoon garlic seasoning on top. Layer the potatoes on top of the onions and top with the minced garlic and remaining seasonings. Top the potatoes with mushrooms. Heat covered on medium for 20 minutes, or until your taters are nice and soft. Like breakfast potatoes. Then, enjoy the amazingness of the soft breakfast potatoes. It really doesn't get any better than this.
|1. Slice the potatoes and onions the thickness of quarters (mine are a little thick because I started my mimosas a little early oopsies)|
|2. layer the onions and seasoning|
|3. Layer the potatoes, garlic and seasoning|
|4. Top with the mushrooms|
|Cover and heat over medium for 20 minutes or until the taters are nice and soft|
3. Clean Egg White Casserole