Big surprise- I'm eating plantains every day this week! I made this Sunday night and put a few scoops into a tupperware and take it to work each day. This is delicioussss filling clean recipe and how much easier could it be to pack clean lunch each day?
Cook Time: 20 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 4 unripe yellow/green plantains ($2.00)
- 3 cups chicken broth ($2.00)
- 1 lb lean ground turkey ($3.50)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup natural, no sugar added tomato sauce ($.50)
- 1/2 large onion, chopped ($.50)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced ($.10)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or your oil of choice)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of 1 lime ($.30)
While the plantains are boiling, combine the diced onion and garlic in a frying pan. Cook about 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring/pushing the onions/garlic around the pan constantly so they don't burn on the pan.
Add the seasonings, broth, turkey and tomato sauce to the onion/garlic combo. Continue cooking and mixing the concoction together for 15 minutes or until the turkey is completely browned.
Store the turkey concoction and the mashed plantains in separate tupperware and combine big scoops of each in a tupperware for lunch each day. Yum.