I grew up with horrrrribbblllee skin- "pizza face" would be putting it nicely. My dermatologist and I became quite close, and these are her most-recommended moisturizing products that won't clog your pores, because really how terrible is it to be dry, then oily, then breakout all over? These are my FAVORITE products and most cost under $10!
Sidenote: Did you know you're supposed to apply lotion as soon as you get out of the shower? This way your pores are more open and absorb the lotion and nutrients!
- Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer with SPF 50 PureScreen (face): I always forget about sunscreen in the winter. This is gentle enough to use daily and doesn't leave that nasty film like other sunscreens, plus you can put a layer on right over your makeup!
- Udderly Smooth Extra Care Cream (face, body, feet): My mom discovered this one years ago. It's wonderful, unscented, and makes your skin so soft! Woman's Day magazine rated their footcare cream as #1 beauty product a few years ago, and doctors recommend these lotions to moisturize diabetic feet (that's powerful stuff)
- Corn Huskers Lotion (hands): Oil-free, no grease, extremely intense. My nurse friends keep this at their hospitals to heal their cracked skin during the dry winter months when they have to wash her hands every 5 minutes. It works miracles, even on alligator skin conditions.
- Eucerin Intensive Repair Very Dry Skin Lotion (body): I swear by this stuff and use it on my face when times get tough.
- Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (face): This super-gentle face wash will cleanse your skin without drying it out. It's so gentle that you don't even need water to use it! You can just apply it to your skin and wipe it off with a towel! (So weird, I know)
- Aquafor Healing Ointment (lips, feet): The mac-daddy of all moisturizing products. Let me count the ways to use Aquafor: CHAPPED LIPS (a little goes a looong way- if your lips are extremely cracked and dry just use this a few times each day and you'll notice immediate results), face protection from windburn, dry spots on my face, extremely dry spots on my hands, oh and on my feet-- I rub some on my feet before bed, put socks on, sleep, wake up and voila-baby soft feet (much cheaper than a pedi).
You can buy now from Amazon below: