Clean Eating Veggie Chicken Barbecue Bake

Monday, January 27, 2014


I'm gonna admit, I have really sucked at getting back into my routine since I've been back. Cooking pretty much hasn't happened and I definitely JUST unpacked yesterday. I think I'm in denial about the whole leaving-paradise-to-return-to-polar-vortex thing. But anyway the BF (oopsies I mean fiance/biance) cooked this up on Thursday and it actually turned out delishhh, despite the fact that when we left Jamaica we both swore we never wanted chicken again (specifically jerk chicken).

Servings: 2
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup Clean Barbecue Sauce ($1.00)
  • 1.2 lb chicken thighs, thawed ($3.50)
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 large onion, diced ($.25)
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, diced ($.40)
  • 1 cup mushrooms, sliced ($1.00)
  • 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked (optional- not necessarily clean but when someone else is cooking for me I'm not gonna say no..)
  • 1 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper

Combine the salt, pepper, barbecue sauce, and chicken thighs in a ziplock bag and let marinate for at least an hour (I usually let it marinate all day while I'm at work but I wasn't in charge this time).

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. After it has had time to marinate, dump all the ziploc bag contents into a non-stick baking pan (I just got my new non-stick rust proof baking dish from Zulily for $8!!). Evenly sprinkle the garlic powder over the chicken. Add the garlic, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms and bacon evenly over the chicken.

Cook in the oven for 30 minutes and enjoy this juicy supper! We ate our's with a fresh arugula salad.

Here's the nutrition label for 1 serving of this meal:

1 comment :

  1. Very useful info. Hope to see more posts soon! delicious chopped dates I admire what you have done here. I love the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that is working for you as well. Do you have any more info on this?

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!