It's been awhile since a good Taco Tuesday and this was delish. The best part about it was that the leftovers were great for a salad the next day. The chickpea patties were a little crumbly which was no problem since they were going into a taco or a salad. Go Greek! Opa!
Servings: 4 (8 slider-sized patties)
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained ($.99)
- 1/3 cup oat flour (I put steel cut oats into my blender on "grind" setting to make this. Can be replaced with Garbanzo Bean Flour or Almond Flour)
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats ($.50)
- 1/2 lemon juice ($.50)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 red onion, minced ($.25)
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled Feta ($1.00)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil for cooking the patties
- For serving: greeko-de-gallo, additional feta, Ezekiel Tortillas , Greek Yogurt and tzaziki sauce
Form the mixture into patties using your hands- since I wanted to put mine into tortillas I made little slider sized munchkin patties.
Line a frying pan with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Place the patties into the pan, cover, and cook over medium about 5 minutes. Flip and cook another 5 minutes. Check constantly to make sure they aren't burning- this varies based on your stove (gas vs. electric).
And that's it! You're done!
|Mashed beans. Looks disgusting. Gets better.|
|And the next day you've got this!|
Linking up today with Motivation Monday Team- check them out! Lots of great health blogs: