Clean Eating Hard-boiled egg and Avocado Salad + HOUSE UPDATE

Tuesday, May 13, 2014


Ok so if you are like me and your main food groups consist of eggs + anything you can put avocado with, you're going to be veeerrryyy happy with this lil recipe I came up with. I saw something similar on Pinterest but it was loaded with mayonaise (sorry but even the smell of mayo gets me gagging like Mama June)




So here is the maranaise-less egg salad with AVOS!

Servings: 5 (my lunch for the week)
Prep Time: 5 mins + 20 mins-ish to hard boil the eggs
Cook Time: 0

Ingredients:

  • 7 Hard-Boiled Eggs ($1.00)
  • 3 ripe avocados (mine were pretty small) ($4.00)
  • 2 Tablespoons fat-free Greek Yogurt 
  • Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
Scoop out the avocados and put them in a bowl. Chop up the hard-boiled eggs and add them to the avocados, add the Greek Yogurt and mix it all up. Add salt and pepper, and that is it. Yes, that is all you have to do to make the most delicious egg salad in the world.

I topped Ezekiel bread with my egg salad and enjoyed a nice lil egg salad lunch every day!


Soooo as far as the house goes there are a few issues (surprise!).
  1. We have to be moved out of our current apt by Wednesday (yes tomorrow)
  2. Due to freakish May weather, the wood floors took twice as long to dry. And the fact that they put the finish down then couldn't walk on the floor to access the heater to speed the process up...
  3. Due to wood floor finish taking a million years to dry, we didn't get painting done.
  4. The electrician knocked about 5,000 giant holes in the ceiling then patched them up without smoothing them over. I was like "oh cool I'll just sand them myself and paint over." Yeah not so much. I think they use heavy machinery for that kind of stuff. So, ceiling painting is also not done. 
  5. I hate moving.
  6. I am mean to everyone right now due to #5
  7. I went on a little online shopping binge to cope with #5 and the clothes are not here yet but are getting sent to this apartment. So NOW WHAT!
  8. I also did online shopping for curtains, blinds, rugs and they cost A MILLION DOLLARS???? Where do you buy your stuff like this?!? HAYLP!
BUT! All this being said, it's all good because we have a house to move into! Andi has a yard to run around in tomorrow! We'll have a bed to sleep in! This whole process has been one big learning experience for me to understand that I can't always get my way, and when I don't life still goes on, and it goes on surprisingly smoothly.

More smoothly than Jay-z and Solange's Met Gala Afterparty. <--can we just talk about this? What is going on with my dream couple and my hair goddess? Anyone have any ideas?? Is the perfect couple not so perfect after all??



Anyway, back to house stuff. Pix coming tomorrow as we start moving in, until then- where can I buy inexpensive blinds, curtains, rugs, etc? Why is it 10x more than it should cost???

And don't forget about Women's Health Month! The infograph of the day- Healthy Eating:
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday, and please leave a comment about where to buy curtains, blinds, rugs, house stuff!

Linking up today at Turn It Up Tuesday, Delicious Dish Tuesday, Tough It Out Tuesday, What We Ate Wednesday

13 comments :

  1. Yay for moving in!!! Boo for all the issues lol! Home Goods is a great place to shop for rugs, curtains, and other decor. Blinds I'm not sure, but I agree... Some places just charge wayyy too much for a necessity. Nobody wants to see me in my birthday suit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this alternative. Thanks for the recipe! Can't believe you are moving into your house tomorrow! Good luck!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipe sounds delicious. Klay HATES avacados.. but, I JUST LOVE THEM. I think I'll make a small amount just for ME! YUM!!!!!

    I love your Women's Health Stuff this week! So important!

    And.. moving is never fun, and I am sending you calming "IT WILL BE OVER SOON" energy.

    When we moved into our home, I was TOTALLY (I mean, TOTES MAH-GOATS) relieved, because I am never having to do it AGAIN.

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i double vote for home goods, lol. love them! and wtf jayz and beyonce? i dont want to care, but i do a little. hubby told me it had something to do with rihanna? we gossip like old ladies, clearly haha.
    im not a huge fan of egg in salad (i like my eggs scrambled or in an omelette lol) but i like the no mayo in this, love avos! except i kinda like mayo sometimes. dont judge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the joys of homeownership. Good luck moving lady! As much as I hated moving, I LOVED setting up the new house.
    Blinds, rugs and curtains are the worst to shop for! I am too cheap! I do like Kohls, TJ Maxx, and HomeGoods though.
    Have a great{and smooth} moving day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on the move!! I am definitely going to try that avocado salad--I'm not eating bread though--what could I try it on? Think it would be good in a lettuce wrap?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing recipe. Im not fond of Ezekiel bread so Ill use wheat toast.

    Also good luck with your move, I know moving van be stressful but eventually you'll be so happy you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This recipe could not look more delicious! I'm deteremined to try this after I go grocery shopping; YUMMMM!! I love egg salad & avocados.

    Good luck on all the house renovations/painting/moving stuff. I hope it all works out sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok you have got to go to my Instagram and see the picture I put up of Kanye West in the regards to Solangate. LOLLLLLL

    I dig this recipe. You come up with some good ideas my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you believe that I have never had egg salad? I might need to try this.

    Good luck with the move!!! They never go as smooth as you try to plan for...they just sort of happen and you are forced to go with it! I am sure everything will work itself out. Or...more retail therapy...whatever!

    My go to home items is Home Goods/TJ Maxx/Marshalls, Ikea, Target, Kohls, Kirklands and JCPenney. I can usually find good deals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to have to try that avocado egg salad, looks really good! Target both in store and online have some good things...overstock.com wayfair.com and ikea are good ones. I also have some luck with sales sometimes at rugsusa.com.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a lover of mayo, however, this would be far healthier. And it looks just as good. Will def have to try it! :)
    As for home stuff, I always check amazon. I can usually find something I love in the store, come home and check for the same exact item on amazon and find it for cheaper, or at least something that closely resembles it. Good luck to you with the move and the "fun" of getting it ready! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I get cheaper house stuff at Ross and Bed Bath & Beyond (with coupon - btw everytime I go they let me use the 20% off 1 item coupon on EVERY item because I usually have a few so worth a try) also try Lowe's and Target's clearance. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!