Clean Eating 3 Ingredient Crockpot Mexican Chicken + Weekend Recap + Ice Cream Pie

Monday, June 9, 2014


Happy Monday! I can barely sit still because I am SO excited for my friend's big fat Greek wedding this weekend (it's literally a Greek wedding) and I'm going to be reunited with some of my favorite people ever at 5 pm Friday. Until then I'll be practicing Greek dances via Youtube haha.

Our oven is officially fixed so rest easy, this is the last crockpot recipe for awhile. Again, laughably easy. This was my lunch for the week.

Ingredients:

  • 2 lbs chicken breasts ($4.00)
  • 1 can diced tomatoes with chiles (I use Rotel) ($.99)
  • 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning (clean eating taco seasoning = 2 Tbs ground cumin, 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp black pepper)
Combine the ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 7 hours. I switched up how I ate it each day- some days at it on a salad, some days in Ezekiel tortillas, some days with black beans, added some salsa, added Greek yogurt. It was so good!

Anyone else have an amazing weekend? I have back to back weddings for the next 3 weekends (Richmond, Boston, and Lancaster here I come!) so I HAD to be productive- at least for part of the weekend

Friday night I stayed in to watch Orange Is The New Black which I have been anxiously awaiting for the last...oh you know year or so. I'm a grandma so despite my excitement and how much I was loving it, I passed out somewhere around episode 4 (DON'T SPOIL ANYTHING FOR ME OR I WILL KNIFE YOU). Andi was unimpressed however.


My storage unit, which was packed to the brim with furniture from my old house that I have not even thought about for the last year, was dropped off on Friday so we spent the weekend throwing a pseudo yard-sale. We didn't have a backup plan so I was super stressed that we'd be stuck with all this stuff and nowhere to put it so I threw a few tantrums (sorry, Harrison).

We got rid of all the big stuff, so a few boxes will be headed to Goodwill this week. Temper tantrums were 100% unnecessary.

I also found tons of pictures from back when I used to print out pictures, like this little throwback of Harrison and me 3 years ago when we FIRST started dating:



Saturday was my friend Kyle's birthday so we cooked out and I ate about a million pounds of food.

Played an insanely intense round of Taboo (girls vs. boys- always gets out of hand). For the record, "starts with letter V" is NEVER OK RIGHT??? NEVER! Sorry for being a rule follower.:


My friend Anna who makes everything look super easy (oh don't minder her just completing a post-bach med school program and cooking her husband's birthday dinner for 50 people 2 days before HUGE tests. I mean really) made this delicious apple/kale/quinoa salad that I MUST eat again soon. She said she just looks at SweetGreen's salads and then makes them herself. Genius. She also made this ice cream pies:


Listen to how she made these pies. Scooped ice cream into a pie crust. Let the ice cream soften and melt a little. Put it back in the freezer. So like I said, she makes everything so freaking easy.

Sunday was insanely productive. I cleaned (PS if you have wood floors you HAVE to use Muprhy's Oil. Decent price, I just spray it on our wood floors and dry mop right over it- our floors are IMMACULATE). Andi and I went for a run in the park and took a break for a selfie photoshoot:


Annnd of course threw in a few episodes with Piper and the crew in the clink.

Tell me: can you EVER say "starts with a [insert letter here]"?? And what is your favorite salad?

Linking up today with LeeAnn, Kimberlee, Biana, Much Ado About Monday, Motivation Monday

26 comments :

  1. I just started the first season of OITNB. Where have I been?!?! So good!

    I literally have this chicken in the crockpot for lunch today. Get outta my head.

    Have a great day girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me a crock-pot!! When are you coming to Boston!? Don't you just love wedding season!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cancelled my netflix, but am going to get it back for one month JUST to watch Orange--It is so worth my 7.99:) AND---adding that chicken recipe to my Lindsey recipe box:) Yummy and easy--how I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, tantrums are always necessary lol! I throw one once a week... jk! Anywho, you and your little family are just so stinkin presh! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kelly! haha and I agree- tantrums are just necessary sometimes!

      Delete
  5. I love crock pot recipes... and I will be making ice cream pie! Glad the yard sale went pretty well.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to try this Crockpot recipe with Turkey breast!! Looks amazing!!! I hve never done a crockpot meal...have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ice cream pies... um YES?

    And how cute is your throwback picture of you and your man? SO CUTE! I love finding old pictures!

    I throw little tantrums.. by little I mean huge, when I get stressed... It's an ocd attack.. that's what I call it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OCD attack sounds much more grown up than temper tantrums. I'm gonna go with it

      Delete
  8. looks like a great weekend (sans the yard sale haha) and I just love your dog!

    Also crockpot? Im in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a grandma (too)...? How the hell is that possible? :o

    ReplyDelete
  10. as a taboo rule enforcer...NO you can never say "starts with _." we often play battle of the sexes taboo - the men ALWAYS cheat but still can't win. it's shameless :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU COURTNEY. It is NEVER ok. The boys actually did really well, I was a little embarrassed

      Delete
  11. I'm making crock pot chicken for dinner tonight. Of course substitute the lettuce wraps for tortillas and the clean taco seasoning/tomatoes for salsa. But totally the same! Next Monday I'm starting the 21 day sugar detox program, a bunch of girls I work with have done it. Needless to say, I could use a little less sugar in my life! I LOVE that photo of you and Harrison. man, I miss the days when you used to actually print out photos. Or gasp! Get film developed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ummmmmm that crock pot chicken looks so good and still is one of Marks favorite "recipes" by me go figure ;-) I love throwback pictures like that and ummmmm yeah that pie.....I'll take two please ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I make a crock pot chicken with taco seasoning and salsa and chicken breasts. I love easy recipes like this!

    Ummm ice cream pie? Just sign me up thanks!

    I want to start watching Orange is the New Black, I haven't seen any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh all the food looks great! I will have to try the crockpot dish. Soo.. I can't believe I did this.. but I finished season two of OITNB (don't worry.. .no spoilers) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That crockpot chicken looks soooo yummy! And NO, you are NOT allowed to say "starts with." Or "sounds like." Or try to charades it out. That's just not acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I hope there are also YouTube videos of you doing the actual dances. Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That crockpot chicken is my favorite! Also, I have been really unimpressed with Orange is the New Black too! I loved Season 1 but Season 2 is sort of disappointing. And Andi is precious! Thanks for linking up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. mmm that recipe looks so easy and delish, i dont know why i am afraid to try it. need to bust out my crockpot. also, ice cream pie? that girl is a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  19. replica prada nylon bags More hints p3c32i1p62 replica bags louis vuitton click over here a2r86o3k98 best replica designer replica bags wholesale mumbai other l6k32l1y15 replica designer bags replica bags and shoes m7i98b2r50

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!