Goat Cheese + Apple + Honey Drizzle "pizza" LIIIIIKKEEEE WHAT

Tuesday, July 15, 2014



You know how Trader Joe's does samples at lunch time? Well last week they had this quinoa-goat cheese-bean concoction and I have been on a goat cheese kick ever since. As I was drooling over Pinterest pictures of goat cheese plates I came up with this baby and oooommmmgggg. I died a little with every bite, it was that good.

Servings: 1
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins

Ingredients:

  • 1 tortilla (I use Ezekiel)
  • 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
  • 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 apple, diced
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 onion, sliced thin
  • 1 Tablespoon honey

Caramelize the onion slices (do this by heating them slowly over low heat with a little bit of oil until they are brownish). Combine the water and apple in a small frying pan and cook the apples over medium heat, covered, for about 5 minutes. Uncover and cook a little longer until the water cooks off.

Brush the olive oil on the tortilla. Cover the tortilla with the apples, onion and cheeses. Drizzle honey over the top and pop it in the toaster oven (or real oven) at 350 for about 5 minutes. Trust me, you're going to die. It's so. so. GOOD.

Linking up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Tuesday Recipe Swap

13 comments :

  1. Nothing better than a quick homemade pizza! love the toppings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm ok this is the second post today that mentions goat cheese. clearly i need to check this stuff out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want it and I want it now!!! This looks amazing and so easy, in other words consider this my dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MAN... That looks so good. NOW I WANT ONE! AND I'M AT WORK!
    DARN YOU!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds absolutely amazing. AMAZING! Like I need it now, please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm... I loooove goat cheese. I can't wait to get back to my kitchen so I can make that! Yumm! Only I can't see your picture on account of the office cockblockery. Do you snapchat? We should be snap chat friends cause you make good food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man! Sometimes I really miss me some PIZZA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I mean, when does goat cheese ever let you down?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this sounds pretty delicious! Can never go wrong with goat cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goat Cheese, Apples, and honey. Sold! What a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks and sound simply delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, so the one time I had goat cheese I didn't like it. But it's been a while and your recipe seriously sounds amazing. I must try it! I need a sample first... Too bad you're so far from me!! ;)
    Thank you for sharing with us at Delicious Dish Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!