Anyway, onto le weekly meal plan:
Breakfast for the week: Hearty Breakfast Casserole / Green Smoothies (I'm getting bored with my smoothies...suggestions for new smoothie recipes please!)
Lunch for the week: Slow Cooker Picadillo
Monday Dinner: BLT Breakfast Salad, because LOOK AT THIS
Tuesday Dinner: Sweet Potato Burgers (subbing a few ingredients, updated recipe to come)
Wednesday Dinner: Breakfast for dinner! Trying out some paleo pancake and/or waffle recipes - anyone have suggestions for this??
Thursday Dinner: Paleo Gnocchi (Hi can someone please tell me the correct way to pronounce this? I love it. I love to eat it at restaurants. When I order it at restaurants I'm always like "I want the nock-eyyy, wait I mean neeyokeyy I mean..sorry I'm simple" and everyone is like:
Friday Dinner: Leftovers
Desserts: Banana Cake, dark chocolate (72% or higher cocao)
Snacks: almonds, veggies, fruits, sweet potato chips.
Ok so I read this New York Times article and at first panicked that I'm going to die or my body will turn 80 in approximately 6 years because I love meat so much (I'm an end-of-the-world type thinker), then got a reality check and decided to just try to stop relying so much on meat and incorporate some more plant-based meals into the meal plan. Last week I made this vegetable soup that turned out DELICIOUS and really filling and packed with 1000000 servings of vegetables (I measure servings loosely):
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 6 hours (set it and forget it in my new crockpot)
- 3 stalks of celery, sliced ($.50)
- 1 package of frozen green beans (15 oz) ($2.00)
- 1 package of frozen peas (12 oz) ($1.50)
- 4 carrots, chopped ($1.50)
- optional: 14 oz navy beans ($1.00)
- 2 zucchini sqashes, chopped ($1.50)
- 32 oz vegetable broth ($2.30)
- 1 14 oz can of tomato sauce ($1.00)
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes ($.1.00)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (this came out pretty spicy so maybe lay off on this a little - easier to add more later)
Throw all the ingredients in the crockpot for 6-7 hours, then enjoy veggies like you've never enjoyed them before.
I need suggestions: plant-based meals/blogs, paleo pancakes/waffles, and smoothie ideas. HELP!