Rehearsal Dinner Dresses under $30

Friday, May 22, 2015

While planning our wedding it seemed like every.last.thing was an additional exorbitant (unexpected) cost. About a month before the wedding I started panicking re: what to wear to my own rehearsal dinner. It seemed all white dresses were made for either a) picnics or b) nightclubs, and nothing in between.

Enter: Asos. I've talked about Asos before, but this was how I lost my Asos virginity (note: Asos is not paying me to write about this. I wish they would just pay me in clothes but I haven't worked that out yet): my friend Charisse said "I get the idea you're going for. Check Asos". I checked Asos, ordered 6 dresses (free shipping both ways!), the dresses arrived in 2 days, I tried on 6 and fell in love with 2 so picked the less expensive one, stuffed the other dresses in the envelope that came with the package, slapped the label on (which was included, I didn't have to print it!), and dropped it in a mailbox. This was one of the least stressful parts of wedding planning (once I listened to Charisse and did the Asos thing. before Asos I was frantically searching Shopstyle and every single online retailer for something in between picnic and nightclub). Now I'm a full fledged Asos loyal.

Here are the dresses I tried on:

1. |  2. |   3.  |  4.  |  5.  |  6.  

Asos also has petite and plus lines that are WONDERFUL.

I ended up with option #5 which set me back a cool $23. Amazing. I absolutely love this dress and I really wish I could find more reasons to wear it. Here are some pics from our rehearsal dinner thanks to the amazing Penelope Anne Photography (she travels! And since we didn't have her do an engagement shoot they shot our rehearsal dinner instead and I LOVE our rehearsal dinner pix).




PS: Shoes are Steve Madden Proto in Blush Leather - usually $99 but I snagged a $35 pair from Marshal's. BOOM.

PSS. I love the fact that these are the only pix I can find that I'm in that don't feature either my ugly cry face or Harrison's ugly cry face.

PPSS: I had an idea of going for a white jumpsuit and the results Polyvore found me in my price range are too good not to share:


Peek a boo!



While I do appreciate that these mesh cutouts let a lot of air in.. I just ...


A touch of pink perhaps?


16 comments :

  1. So cute! I've never heard of Asos but I have a few weddings this summer so I might have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to check Asos out!!! I love that you were able to try on a bunch in the comfort of your own home with real mirrors...not that wizardry shit that is in stores....and chose from that! 2 and 5 are my favorites, you look fabulous in that dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress looks fantabulous on you!

    And those jumpsuits - Just go try on one - okay - and take a pic. I mean, I'll do it if you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And you are so right, I should just try on one of the jumpsuits just to know hahaha

      Delete
  4. I am so, SO happy you didn't don a white jumpsuit lol. Those did make me laugh though! Love the one you chose- looks great on you, and the price can't be beat either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, glad you decided on the dress! I was going to say #2 and #5 were my favorites so good choice! You looked fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these are so cute! I love the one you chose! It looked great!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress you picked out and it looked so pretty on you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is gorgeous, very classy. Looked beautiful on you!!! I've never heard of Asos and now I'm super excited to check that ish out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are so cute. love those pics! also. can we please go for a run or something this summer? it seems crazy to me that we've never met!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You looks gorgeous in that dress and for a steal of a deal too!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should size up in the dress and invest in spanx.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!