Not leaving the house in the foreseeable future because that is my car.
1 crockpot of mulled wine cooking itself.
3 episodes into Man in the High Tower (still on the fence re: if I'll finish the series).
2 bottles of champagne consumed.
1 bottle of sparkling wine consumed (thankyouthankyou, Club W for coming through just in time for Blizzardzilla/Jonas/whatever this is called).
1 Large Frozen Pizza Consumed
Half a dozen eggs, one pack of bacon, and half a box of pancakes down.
1 instance of laughing so hard I peed my pants a little (signs of a GREAT day and/or too much booze)
24 hours of dogs refusing to poop because they are terrified of the snow (beware of those big scary pitbulls!)
LOLOLOL You expect me to do what in that mess outside?
Power: still on (praise!)
Fiesta Chili prepped and ready to eat.
- 1 lb Grass Fed Ground Beef, seasoned and cooked on the stovetop ($3.50)
- 1 Large Red Onion, chopped ($.50)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped ($1)
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced ($.25)
- 1 Can Black Beans ($.88) - I dump the whole can in my chili. Some people prefer to drain but I don't.
- 2 cans Rotel Tomatoes ($3)
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste ($.50)
- 1 lime of lime juice ($1)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped and halved ($2)
- 2 Tablespoons Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Green onions, chopped
Combine all the ingredients except half of the cilantro bunch in the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.
Garnish with green onion and cilantro. Eat all snow day.
Hope everyone is staying safe and warm through Blizzardgeddonzillajonas!
Kitchen tools I used for this: