Monday, February 15, 2016

Meatless Monday Ginger Soy Veggie Stir Fry




As I mentioned earlier, I am dabbling in the world of pasta for the first time in my life - and yes, I have gone almost 30 years without ever cooking or enjoying pasta (every time I mention this people act like I'm saying I murdered someone) so there's a bit of a learning curve here. Not posted: pasta fails from last week  /:

This one was too easy, we both liked it, and we had leftovers for days. I never considered cooking with fresh ginger until I tried out Blue Apron (for a week) and now I want to add it to everything! I love the flavor the ginger adds! What else can I cook with ginger? Suggestions please!

Servings: 4
Cook Time: 20 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins

Ingredients
  • 6 oz organic pasta, rice noodles, or squoodles (whatever you prefer, I used the organic pasta from Wal-Mart) $2
  • 1 container Trader Joe's Asian Stir Fry Veggies ($4)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced 
  • 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
  • 1 handful cashews, chopped ($.50)
  • 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce (Paleo DIY)
  • Lime juice of 1/2 lime 
  • 2 teaspoon olive oil/coconut oil/cooking fat of choice
  • Salt & pepper

Cook the pasta. While pasta is cooking, coat a large frying pan with olive oil or cooking fat of your choice and heat. Add in the vegetables and garlic, season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring, for about 5 minutes. Add in the ginger and cashews and cook another 3-5 minutes.

Once the pasta is ready add it to the pan. Add the soy sauce and lime juice and continue to cook over medium heat, covered for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Annnd that's it!

15 comments:

  1. Mmm girl... pasta is my love language. Saving this for later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. not gonna lie, i am not a fan of ginger at all haha. but i am a fan of pasta. so how are you liking the world of pasta?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love fresh ginger . . . and pasta! In fact, I wish I didn't like pasta so much! This looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How have you gone this long since making pasta???? And what are your thoughts now that you have?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!!!! That is quite the long time without having made or enjoyed pasta. What made you decide to try it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This look SO YUMMY!!!! Thanks for sharing! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This look SO YUMMY!!!! Thanks for sharing! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm...love ginger. Such a quick simple meal I need to remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. soy ginger is my kind of dish! This looks delicious with lots of healthy veggies too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. soy ginger is my kind of dish! This looks delicious with lots of healthy veggies too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so yummy!!!! I am trying to eat less meat, and this looks like a tasty way to do that! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so yummy!!!! I am trying to eat less meat, and this looks like a tasty way to do that! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Find the best Vegetable shops at edial to buy vegs and make Ginger Soy Veggie Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete
  14. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    This means that you actually get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Quantum Binary Signals

    Get professional trading signals delivered to your mobile phone every day.

    Start following our signals right now and make up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say and I always comment back! If you've blogged about a similar topic leave a link so I can learn more, and I always appreciate if you leave a link to your blog in your comment so others joining the discussion can find your blog quick & easy!