Feelin SNACKY on Saturday: CLEAN Mozzarella Sticks!!

Saturday, December 7, 2013

The only picture I took before we devoured these babies

So this happened, and it. was. everything. I had these with a winter beer with all the Christmas lights on and it felt just like being in a bar eating greasy food. Except that I didn't have to drive home, I got to pick what played on the TV, my beer didn't cost $10, and my food was in fact not greasy. Not only was it not greasy it was CLEAN! Sidenote: when did I turn 60 and start liking sitting at home instead of going to a bar with other humans?

Oh and also this was really really easy to make. So enjoy while you lounge at your home-bar.

Prep Time: 3 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Servings: 10 sticks (which equals 2 servings in our house- 8 for the BF, 2 for me)

Ingredients:
  • 1 block fresh mozzarella cheese ($5.00)
  • 3/4 cup stone ground cornmeal
  • 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 egg, beaten
Preheat the oven to 365 degrees. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and slice up your cheese block into rectangles, about 2 inches thick. Dip each stick into the egg, then roll the egg-coated mozzarella chunk in the dry ingredients until they are completely covered in a thick layer. Place them onto a baking sheet and heat in the oven for 8-10 minutes- check them right at 8 minutes to make sure they aren't melting!

3 comments :

  1. I tried these, but after 10 minutes the cheese was melting and the breading wasnt cooked at all! Any tips on how to correct that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried these, but after 10 minutes the cheese was melting and the breading wasnt cooked at all! Any tips on how to correct that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm I wonder if adjusting the temperature would help? I would try it at a higher temperature maybe. The time I tried these and went over 8 minutes it was a mess! Good luck and let me know if the temperature adjustment helps!

      Delete

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!