Rainbow Chicken

Monday, December 9, 2013



This is one of my new favorite chicken dishes- so tasty, packed with nutrition, and easy to prep on Sunday and throw in the oven later in the week. I especially love how juicy it turned out thanks to all the watery veggies and the marinade.

Sidenote- anyone remember Rainbow Road in Mario Kart? I was thinking of that level the whole time I was eating this.

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes

Ingredients:
For the marinade:
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 2 teaspoons cumin
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the Rainbow Chicken:
  • 1.5 lbs chicken (I used thighs because those are my new fav- $6.50)
  • 1 sweet potato, sliced ($.88)
  • 1 potato, sliced ($.80)
  • 1 zucchini, sliced ($1)
  • 1  bell pepper, sliced length wise ($.80)
  • 1 medium onion, sliced length wise ($.90)
  • 1 lemon, sliced ($.50)

Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a freezer bag and add the thawed chicken, seal the bag and shake it up and leave it in the fridge at least two hours (I do this before I go to work and let it marinate all day).

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Dump the chicken into a baking dish and top with the sliced vegetables. Cook for an hour.

And that's it! So easy huh?
I sliced all these veggies Sunday night. Yay for meal prep!

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!