"Man I totally thought this was going to be a punishment meal but it actually tastes like something we shouldn't be eating." -The BF. Yeah y'all, it's so freaking good.
The other day while happy houring at Mighty Pint and as I used all my will power to avoid my all-time favorite bar food, the Irish Nachos, I thought to myself HOLD ON why don't I just MAKE these myself with a few clean foods swapped in? So I ran home (jk, I waited 30 minutes for the redline, then ran home from the metro), sliced up a sweet potato, threw some stuff together and voila! My OWN CLEAN IRISH NACHOS.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into wedges ($1.50)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil/olive oil/your cooking oil of choice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb lean ground turkey ($3.00)
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth ($.50)
- 1 Cup mushrooms, sliced ($1.00)
- 1 can black beans, drained ($.90)
- 1 Cup mozzarella cheese ($1.50)
- 1 red onion, diced ($1.00)
- 1 green pepper, diced ($.90)
- 1 large tomato, diced ($.90)
- 1/2 Cup cilantro, chopped ($.50)
- 3 small jalapenos, diced ($2.00)
- 1/2 Cup black olives, sliced
- 1 Cup clean salsa ($1.00)
- Greek Yogurt- to taste
While the sweet potatoes are cooking, season the ground turkey with the cumin and chili powder. Cook the seasoned turkey with the chicken broth until the turkey is brown and the broth has absorbed. Add the mushrooms and black beans to the frying pan for the last 3 minutes.
Top the baked sweet potato wedges with the turkey/black bean mixture. Layer the mozzarella cheese on top of this. Place the concoction in the oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Now top it with pepper, onion, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, olives, salsa and yogurt. We set it up buffet style and everyone scooped up some sweet potato/meat/cheese and topped it with whatever they wanted.
Yall, just do it. You won't regret it.
|HOW GOOD DOES MINE LOOK WITH ALL THE TOPPINGS|
|Little toppings buffet. Like Chipotle for Irish Nachos.|