Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Greek Yogurt + Almond Milk + Oats + Fruit = Clean Breakfast on the Go!


I've been seeing this one all over Pinterest and have been pretty skeptical considering it is sometimes called "porridge". I mean, porridge? I think in 2nd grade when we went to school for a day in an 1800's one room school house we had to eat something called "porridge" for lunch after we took turns "churning butter" because that's what kids in 1800s one-room school houses had to eat. But anyway, this is my new go-to breakfast for sure- make it at night in a tupperware, pop a lid on it, put it in the fridge and grab it on the way to work. It kind of tastes like a yogurt parfait- but it's clean and packed with protein and dietary fiber (what up full stomach all morning!).

Here it is:

Servings: 1
Prep Time: 5 mins (+5ish hours of chill time in the fridge overnight)
Cook Time: 0

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup fat-free Greek Yogurt*
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened Almond Milk*
  • 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats (can also use steel cut oats)
  • Any toppings you want to mix in! (have fun and switch it up! some ideas: strawberries, honey, blueberries, apples & cinnamon, vanilla, chopped walnuts, maple syrup...you can really do anything with this) 
*If you want your's thicker, add more Greek Yogurt and less Almond Milk. For less thick, less Greek Yogurt and more Almond Milk
 Combine all the ingredients in a tupperware, mix well, and let it chill overnight in the fridge.

all mixed up!

Pop a lid on it and pop it in the fridge over night- grab and go in the morning

These nutrition facts do not include any toppings







domestic superhero

12 comments:

  1. This looks like a yummy, pumped up yogurt breakfast! I'd probably use apples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm stopping by from the WOW link up. This looks yummy! I love overnight oats and make a batch of 5-6 mason jars for the week, assembly line style, as part of my meal prep to have a grab and go breakfast all week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow I was afraid they wouldn't be good if they set for the whole week but I'm definitely going to try making a big batch!

      Delete
  3. This could become my new breakfast obsession! I tend to go in phases of some gotta-have, easy recipe and this is very close to the oatmeal pancakes I make now, but would save me the time of cooking in the AM (they never taste good pre-made even if I pre-make the batter...). Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks quick, delicious, and nutritious! :) Definitely up my alley! Stopping by from Workout Wednesday. Hope you're having a great week!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, you serious about this? It doesn't taste soggy????????????????? Come on now be honest with me. :-) I just might try it. Thanks for stopping by WOW Link Up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is like my morning smoothie: 1 banana, 3 Tbs uncooked oats, 1/4 cup blueberries or other fruit and almond milk. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You don't have to cook the oatmeal first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! The oats absorb the milk/yogurt overnight and soften!

      Delete
  8. New Diet Taps into Revolutionary Plan to Help Dieters LOSE 12-23 Pounds in Only 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say and I always comment back! If you've blogged about a similar topic leave a link so I can learn more, and I always appreciate if you leave a link to your blog in your comment so others joining the discussion can find your blog quick & easy!