I come to you with an announcement: I made an amazing paleo dish one night, then the next night topped the leftovers with eggs and IT WAS EVEN BETTER and it was like 2 completely different meals. YEAH.
I made this one pan chorizo dish and we had lots of leftovers so the next night we put some eggs and tomatoes on top and it was amazing! Pictured below is Harrison's dish because he eats scrambled eggs which are always much prettier than my over-easy egg (or jizz egg as Harrison so flatteringly calls it) that explodes as soon as it touches my plate.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 package chorizo, sliced and cooked according to the instructions on the package (I FINALLY found some at Wal-Mart! I've been on the lookout forever looking for these) ($5)
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced ($3)
- 1/2 onion, sliced ($.50)
- 1 bunch of asparagus ($3.50)
- 2 eggs (optional for topping)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- seasonings of choice (I used salt, pepper, paprika, and cinnamon)
- Tomatoes (for topping, optional)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the sweet potatoes, chorizo, onion, and asparagus with olive oil and seasonings. Dump into a baking dish and cook for 20-30 minutes.
And that's it! Top with eggs and tomatoes or just eat it on its own. This is one of my favorite dishes from this paleo experiment!
What do you eat chorizo with?