Savory Italian Turkey Meatballs

Thursday, September 26, 2013


Mmmmmm look at those!!

I clearly have a thing for Italian food which I worried wouldn't be accommodated by clean eating. Boy was I wrong- there's a clean way to do everything! Here's my recipe for Clean Italian Meatballs. We ate these with my Clean {cauliflower} "Bread"sticks, and clean tomato sauce. This was really easy to throw together in a few minutes.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 5

Ingredients
  • 1 lb of lean ground turkey ($5.00)
  • 2 eggs, beaten ($.20)
  • 1/4 large white onion, finely chopped ($.25)
  • 1 green pepper, finely chopped ($1.00)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 bunch of parsley, chopped (or you can use dried parsley)
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the ingredients together in a medium sized mixing bowl (I did this with my hands- #hardcore). Roll the meat concoction into 1-inch round balls and place on a coconut oil/olive oil/cooking sprayed baking sheet. Heat in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the centers of the balls are pink (hehehe).

While they are cooking take 10 minutes to make your tomato sauce.

As SOON as you pull the meatballs out of the oven, put them into the bowl with tomato sauce. Let them cool/set in the sauce for about 15 minutes. Serve with sauce and your choice of foods!
Yeah I mixed THIS with my HANDS!

Like this recipe? Try my other Italian foods: Clean Italian Turkey/Quinoa Stuffed Peppers and Ooey Gooey Italian Quinoa Bake.

Want more quick and clean party foods? Try my Like Crabcakes but with Tuna Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings, and Clean Pizza

1 comment :

  1. 3 Studies PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you actually burn fat by consuming coconut fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!