Crispy Sweet Potato Chips

Wednesday, October 2, 2013


Yesterday my craving for salty, crispy, delicious chips was SO REAL so I fixed myself some sweet potato chips. Can we just talk about how, why is anyone eating regular potato chips when you can eat sweet potato chips? Just look at the health difference- hmm 10 grams of fat for something that won't fill me up for more than 20 minutes or ZERO grams of fat for something that is also really good for me? {click "read the whole post for recipe and comparisons!}



Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Servings: 2 single serving bags worth of chips

Ingredients:
  • 1 sweet potato, sliced super thin ($1.50)
  • tiny bit of olive oil
  • Sea salt and pepper to taste
  • *I just used sea salt. One of my friends uses Italian seasoning and that is so good. I've also tried it with a dash of cinnamon topped with honey and HELLO it was INCREDIBLE
  • 2 tablespoons of Fat Free Greek Yogurt (for dipping)
Slice the sweet potato super super thin, like a dime-thin. I use a mandolin I just got from Amazon- def worth the $20 investment (link below). Toss the little chips in a little bit of olive oil and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt or your seasonings of choice (try the cinnamon and honey. Just try it). Heat in the oven for 10 minutes, flip the chips over and put back in for another 10-15 minutes, or until crisped to your liking. P.S. This is the mandolin I ordered, it is everything because it also grates (so I don't have to make a mess in the blender with my cauliflower pizza crust and it's great for slicing up veggies for paleasagna (recipe coming soon). Also let's just talk about how I have literally saved hours in the kitchen not having to slice/chop/grate things anymore. This one also comes with the hand protector (raise your hand if you've ever almost sliced your finger off with a mandolin...)





1 comment :

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!