I love the idea of Cava- a Chipotle-esque salad place. But I don't love spending twelve dollars on a salad. The BF made this based on his favorite twelve dollar lettucy concoction and is apparently never going to need to go back to Cava again.
Prep Time: 30 minutes (if you are using leftover turkey burgers like we did then it's 10 minutes)
Cook Time: 20 minutes for the burgers, if you have leftovers then 0 minutes
Servings: 1 filling salad serving for a 250 lb manchild (to me this is 3 servings)
- 3 handfuls of arugula ($1.00)
- 1 handful of spinach ($.50)
- 1/2 bell pepper- diced ($.90)
- 3 slices onion- diced
- 1 tomato ($1.00)
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms ($1.00)
- 1 heaping spoonful of Tahini flavored hummus
- 1 garlicy turkey burger cut up into little pieces OR if you don't have the turkey burgers made you could 1/8 lb of lean turkey meat and combine with garlic and a few slices of chopped up onions and get the same taste/texture
In a small frying pan saute the bell pepper, onion and mushrooms. Combine all the ingredients, including the sauteed veggies and toss together. We do this in a giant tupperware so we can put the lid on and shake it up niiiiceee and gooood. This was actually really good and we are definitely eating it again.