stuff I like rn

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

It's been quite a couple of weeks. Here are the things I'm liking right now: 

🎧Listening: Frontline Dispatch's "Policing the Police in Minnesota" episode is informative. Scene on Radio's 2017 series on Seeing Whiteness brings in experts historians like Ibrahm X. Kendi to explore what it means to be white - the history I'm learning is mind blowing. I also really appreciated Kate Bowler's conversation with Netflix's Wedding Coach on Divorce - while divorce isn't something I personally am going through, it was helpful to hear actionable ways we can support our loved ones who are going through it, and the conversation around permission to grieve a life we thought we'd have.

📚 Reading: Continuing to read Black authors, just finished Red at the Bone by Jacqueline Woodson which tells the story of generations of a Brooklyn family. I learned from Austin Channing Brown's I'm Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness- mandatory reading especially for white Christians. 

📣Important: Last week was National Infertility Awareness Week, and as someone who has been dealing with complications over the last two years this article about what to say and what not to say is something I wish everyone would read. 

👙Swim suit szn: A few weeks ago on IG we talked about the struggle of finding a sensible, age-appropriate bathing suit cover-up. A few of you recommended this $10 Target dress (plus size here), and I ordered this $20 ribbed bodycon cover up (in XL based on reviews and because I'm a little old for an actual bodycon). Also with multiple recs: Summersalt (eyeing these pants) and Swimsuits for All 

$20 ribbed bodycon cover up 

$10 Target dress

👖Wearing: All y'all are out here arguing over if we're going to ditch skinny jeans with Gen Z while I'm focused on never ever returning to hard pants (jeans after a year in sweat pants?! are yall serious?). I ordered these Athleta joggers in Abalone Grey on sale and they are breathable, comfortable, come in petite (so are the actual length they're supposed to be on us 5'4 and belows!) and I can dress them up enough to pass. 

🍷Drinking: It's white wine season! Lol who am I kidding there are no rules rn so I've been white whining year round - McBride Sisters' Sauvignon Blanc is my favorite and is super affordable, and their brut is both Harrison and my favorite champagne right now. Shipping is really fast too which is great. Real into their mission to transform the industry as a Black woman owned wine maker.


Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!