2014 Clean Eating Challenge

Saturday, December 28, 2013

So it's almost 2014- when did that happen?? Man what a year, huh? I don't really do resolutions per say, but every year I make a to-do list and set one challenge (which is actually a goal but I'm really competitive and more likely to do it if it is called something that involves winning). My to-do list is extremely Type-A and not very interesting or relevant, so for now let's discuss my challenge. Or goal. Or whatever we want to call it. Choal? Goallenge? Anyway my goal/challenge for 2014 is an entire year of 80/20 Clean Eating- aka 80% of the food I consume in 2014 will be completely clean. The other 20%, for me, is cheat days but that 20% means something different for different people.

So anyway, who's with me? We doing this or what? Let's CLEAN UP 2014! Here are some resources I have pulled together:

The 10 Commandments of Clean Eating


Sample Grocery List:

 

 

Not that but THIS! list

 

Meal Plans & Grocery Lists with Pricing:


My Favorite Clean Swaps:

7- Layer Lasagna
"Bread"sticks made with Cauliflower
Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Buffalo Chicken Wings 
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Crispy Sweet Potato Chips
Eggplant Parm
Faux Fried Chicken Fingers
"Fried" Okra
Italian Meatballs
Mozzarella Sticks 
Ravioli 
Squasta with Meat Sauce (Spaghetti Swap)
Stuffed Potato Skins 4 Ways (Greek, Pizza, Buffalo Chicken and Chili)
Sweet Potato French Fries
Turkey Chili {with a kick} 

 Check out all my clean recipes here

Just getting started? Here are my must-have products I bought in the last year of clean eating:


Good luck clean eating in the new year and as always if you have questions or suggestions leave them in the comments or e-mail at brokeandbougieblog[at]gmail[dot]com. 

 

3 comments :

  1. Hmm, not sure about this one - I have a family of picky eaters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Ooh that's tough, I only really have to worry about myself. wholefoodsnewbody.blogspot.com blogs about clean eating with her family, maybe that could be helpful? Or at least some good family friendly recipes to try!

      Delete

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, let's chat!